Vitamin k for dark circles is another way to treat dark circles. It is called a unique way to conceal dark circles without makeup. Taking vitamins for dark circles is helpful to improve the condition of dark circles.
Useful vitamins are vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin E. That’s why, it is needed to select foods that are rich in vitamins, especially essential vitamins.
What is Dark Circles?
Dark circle is defined as a round blackish circle around eyes. This is also called hyperpigmentation of skin beneath the eyes. It is also can be characterized by shadows by puffy eyelids or bags which come along with dark circles.
It usually occurs in both eyes, unlike bacterial infection where it appears only on one eye. Dark circles are not consisting on women only, men are also affected by it. However, three groups of people are mostly suffered by dark circles:
1) Older people, 2) people who’s predecessor have dark circles, 3) Non-white ethnic people.
What Causes Dark Circles?
Dark circles happen mainly due to poor blood flow under the eyes. On the other hand, excessive production of melanin is also associated with the dark circles. There are many reasons behind the dark circles. Inappropriate lifestyles are the leading cause of dark rings.
Lack of adequate sleep and exercise, smoking, having alcohol, unnecessarily rubbing eyes, eating insufficient iron-rich food, roaming upon sunlight without protection, allergy and not eating enough vitamin supplements such as vitamin k. On the other hand, two natural causes are hereditary and aging.
What is Vitamin K?
Vitamin k is an essential vitamin blending with Phylloquinone (Vitamin K1) and Menaquinone-n (Vitamin K2). This is a fat-soluble vitamin and it can be stored in the body to use at a later period.
In addition to treating dark circles, it nurtures human gas6 gene, which helps to new cell division and growth. There are many sources of vitamin k.
The Human body can produce this vitamin with the help of some beneficial bacteria of the intestine. The discoverer of vitamin K is Henrik Dam.
Does It Really Works – Vitamin k For Dark Circles?
1. Can vitamin k treat dark circles? Capillary damage is the main reason for dark circles. It may happen due to allergy, dehydration, excessive sunlight etc. Vitamin K has an outstanding ability to treat such dark circles because it keeps blood circulation well and reduces inflammation as well. This is why, beauty lovers people choose vitamin k containing moisturizer, cream, lotions.
2. Vitamin K corrects the disruption of blood flow in the blood vessel by which dark circles appear. On the other hand, dark circles occur due to leakage of blood vessel under eyes.
3. It also conceals skin from getting darker by hiding blood flow in the tiny blood vessel under the eyes. From a study executed by T Mitsuishi and his associates, it revealed that, hemostasis is removable by using anti-aging vitamins, including vitamin k (Phytonadione 2%) and acts as Vitamin k for dark circles. Studies show that, dark circles can be removed by using topical products such as gel.
4. Vitamin K is available in the market as cream, gel, lotion and serum. As vitamin k is over-the-counter drug it is easily available in your nearest shop as a supplement. Deficiency of vitamin k leads to skin bruising.
5. Eye cream containing ingredient of Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Retinol, allows broken capillaries to be repaired, while also giving protection to your skin. Hence, it gives anti-wrinkle action. Users reported an 80% improvement in their skin after using such creams for 8 weeks.
How To Take Vitamin k?
There are many home remedies of dark circles you will find to treat dark circles. But these are troublesome. You have to collect many vegetables, fruits than blend them in the right way. So, to get hazard free way to treat dark circles, you can take vitamin k. It works as Vitamin k for dark circles. What you have to do? Nothing, just to eat foods which contain vitamin k and use vitamin k rich cream.
The recommended dose of vitamin k is 90 μg/day for women age over 19 years and 120 μg/day for men over age 19 years.
1. Take Vitamin k With Foods
You can get good amount of vitamin k from dietary sources. There are lots of vegetables and fruits contain vitamin k such as broccoli, spinach, cabbage, pumpkin, carrots, strawberries, cauliflower, eggs etc. Moreover, we can get it from green tea, raw avocados, coriander leaves, kale, brussels sprouts, pistachio, cucumber, soybeans etc.
2. Take Vitamin K Supplements
If you are unable to get adequate amounts of vitamin k from dietary sources, then you must try the supplement. Supplements are found in market as tablet or capsule form in container or blister pack. Vitamin k gel capsules are also found as supplement in different brand name in the drugstore. Prior to purchase, check the ingredient list accurately. Vitamin k supplement works to reduce discoloration of under eye skin. Hence, it works vitamin k for skin discoloration. But before taking supplements, take advice from doctor.
3. Use Vitamin k Based Eye Cream
Vitamin K Cream (General): There are many branded creams are found rich in vitamin k such as Garnier, Olay, Neutrogena etc. They are called the best vitamin k cream for under eyes.
Vitamin K Cream With Antioxidants: You can use those vitamin k creams which contain antioxidant ingredients such such as carrots, milk.
Vitamin K Cream with Retinol: Retinol, a derivative of vitamin A, is an impressive ingredients to fight against dark circles and to raise capillary strength.
Vitamin k1 or k2 for Dark Circles
Vitamin k2 helps to eliminate forming blood clot formation and reduce dark circles. Moreover, it makes them poorly visible. In order to get best result you have to use it for a long time and then you will get a permanent solution. Vitamin k1 is not as effective like k2, though it is found in many natural food sources.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ):
1. What is the best vitamin for dark circles?
According to livestrong.com, Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Omega-3, Vitamin E are the best vitamins. These vitamins work as antioxidants or by controlling blood vessels. As an antioxidant vitamin E works against free radicals. In contrast, Vitamin K & C regulate blood circulation so that no darkness appears under eye.
2. What precautions should be taken while using vitamin k for dark circles?
When it is applied to skin no need of precautions as vitamin k1 is possibly safe. It is also likely safe while taken by mouth if taken the recommended amount each day. But some people may experience stomach upset or diarrhea.
3. Can vitamin K be used for all skin types?
Yes! According to stylist, it can be used for any type of skin, not possible cause problems.
From the discussion above, it is proved that vitamin k for dark circles is efficacious. This is why, you can use it to remove discoloration under the eyes. But it is better to take consultation from Dermatologist or registered physician before taking Vitamin K capsule or topical cream.
Share the post "Taking Vitamin K For Dark Circles Under Eyes: How To Use & Take"
Shuman Das is a blogger and content writer, passionate about health and beauty. He runs a website anti-aging and beauty. On the other hand, by profession he is a pharmacist working as a marketer in pharmaceutical industry. Follow him on Facebook: Shuman_Forever