You have some dark spots that you want to eliminate? We are glad that you have come to the right place! Here, we are going to show you how you can leverage the tea tree oil for dark spots to reverse the menace. How about you spending some of your time to learn that?
What is Tea Tree Oil?
Also known as melaleuca oil, tea tree oil is an essential oil that originates from the leaves of the Australian tea tree. It possesses potent antibacterial characteristics and is largely used to cure a number of bacterial infections. Most importantly, it may be used to heal the dark spots on the skins.
Different Dark Spots of Skin And Their Causes
Dark spots come in various shades and forms. Here, we identify these types and explain also how they are caused or come about:
- Hyperpigmentation – It is the abnormal darkening of the skin that is primarily caused by excessive exposure of the skin to the sun.
- Age Spots – These mainly arise as a result of the aging process. For this reason, these kinds of dark spots are somewhat a must for everyone.
- Solar Lentigines – As the name implies, this kind of dark spots arise out of excessively high exposure to the scorching sun. They may be remedied by simply minimizing sun exposure.
Does It Really Works – Tea Tree Oil For Dark Spots?
YES, the tea tree oil for dark spots on face and legs does work. When applied faithfully and diligently to the skin, it brings about the following 7 benefits:
1 # Fades the Dark Spots
For one, it fades the dark spots chiefly by making the affected portion of the skin lighter in hue. That goes a long way in making the stated part of the body better and more breathtaking to behold. It contains some powerful ingredients that all combine to make this possible.
2 # Banishes Bacteria
The menace of the dark spot is largely brought about by some harmful bacteria. These eat away the affected portions of the skins to make the same assume a darker hue. The tea tree oil does banish these bacteria to make them die off prematurely before bringing the undesirable side effects.
3 # Combats Pimples
Other than the bacteria, pimples are also the other chief courses of the dark spots. Yet again, the tea tree oil for face is able to diminish the impacts of the pimples considerably. By combating pimples, they in turn lead to clearer skin that is glowing and beautiful to the eyes.
4 # Diminishes Inflammations
When the skin is inflamed, it naturally entices you to scratch it. By constantly scratching your skin, the dark spots and other wounds are also able to arise. This vital ingredient is able to diminish inflammations thereby reducing the need to scratch your skins every now and then. That of course slows down the formation of the dark spots.
5 # Exfoliates the Skin
By virtue of possessing potent exfoliating agents, this ingredient is also able to rid your skin of the dead matter and other impurities that may reside atop it. This leaves behind a clear skin and the sweat pores that are similarly open and breathing. Such kind of skin is smoother and more presentable. By exfoliating acts as tea tree oil for dark spots.
6 # Offers Sun Protection
Other than merely eliminating the impurities and making your skin better, this substance also offers sun protection. It does this by blocking the penetration of the sun chiefly by the use of a layer that overlays the bare skin. The use of this substance also slows down the aging process considerably.
7 # Hydrates the Skin
It also hydrates the skin principally by adding some moisture to it. A skin that is properly hydrated is better and longer-lasting. Such kind of skin is also able to stand the emergence of fine lines and wrinkles better. Have we also added that it stays fresh and youthful for a longer duration of time?
Tea Tree Oil For Acne Scars And Dark Spots
Tea tree may only be used to mitigate acne scar dark spots but not completely remedy them. That is because these spots develop and establish themselves deep within the skin and far away from the surface layers. Hardly can these oils penetrate deeper while still maintaining their potency.
See Also: TEA TREE OIL FOR ACNE SCARS
How Do You Use Tea Tree Oil For Dark Spots?
Follow these steps to use the tea tree oil for dark spots:
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser that is optimized for the acne-prone skins
- Pat the face dry to rid it of the water molecules
- Apply the diluted tea tree oil gently on the skin of the face
- Dab it on your blemishes using a cotton pad
- Allow the same to dry and settle
- Follow it up with your usual moisturizer
1. Tea tree oil and coconut oil for dark spots
The tea tree oil for dark spots in and of itself may not normally give the desired end results. It must often be mixed with other substances to let it have the desired impacts. One such is the coconut oil for the dark spots. The coconut oil additive brings the ability to heal wounds and moisturize the otherwise dry skin.
To add to this, the mix of the coconut oil and the tea tree oil also generates the collagen which in turn slows down the formation of the fine lines and ultimately wrinkles. Moreover, the mix also makes the patches lighter and hence breathtaking to behold.
2. Castor oil and tea tree oil for dark spots
Apart from the coconut oil, the castor oil may also be used alongside the tea tree oil for the sake of combating the dark spots. The castor oil has some potent ingredients that see it serve as a simulative laxative, irritant, and a natural emollient. When blended with the tea tree oil, the results are naturally splendid.
The mixture particularly works as a natural remedy to your dry skin. To add to these, this mix is also easier to apply not to mention working and yielding the desired outcomes within the shortest realistic time possible.
3. Tea tree oil and Aloe Vera for dark spots
Aloe Vera has powerful hydrating features. It is subsequently better at replenishing the lost moisture contents in the skin not to mention combating or reversing dry skins. This is the mix you should be on the lookout for if yours is a skin that is excessively dry.
The Aloe Vera will naturally cause the new mix to be able to restore the lost moisture contents of the skin. To be able to accrue the necessary outcomes, you have to apply the same consistently for a predefined duration of time. Then again, you have to adhere to the stated guidelines for better impacts.
See Also: 5 Benefits of Aloe Vera for Dark Circles
How Long Does It Take Tea Tree Oil To Work?
Roughly 12 weeks! That is only if the same is applied onto the skin consistently and after the stated regular intervals that are necessary. Failure to adhere to this stringent regime will most often lead to poorer outcomes than that which may be anticipated. You also have to be mindful of your skin quality.
Risk and Side Effects
Though a great skincare formula, this tea tree oil for dark spots is not without its own fair share of potential downsides. Many people have noted these side effects when attempting to make use of it:
- Skin irritations – A feeling of pain and the need to scratch your skin.
- Allergic skin rash (dermatitis) – Some people develop rashes on their skin that are ghastly to behold.
- Itching – Like irritations above, itching also predisposes you to the risks of scratching the skin.
- Stinging – This is a deep and sensational feeling of pain.
- Burning – You feel as if your skin is actually burning or being subjected to some heat.
- Scaling – In this sense, the outer or top layers of the skin peels off easily when handled or scratched.
- Redness – The skin assumes a red coloration that is ordinarily ghastly to set your eyes on.
- Dryness – If not mixed with Aloe Vera, the ingredient might burn your skin completely.
Alternatives Methods To Treat Dark Spots
Apart from the tea tree oil for dark spots, there are other interventions you may look to for the elimination of these dark spots. Here are some essential oils for dark spots that may serve you well:
- Carrot Seed Essential Oil – Derived from the carrots, these dark spot removal oil have potent curative and soothing characteristics.
- Lavender Essential Oil – It is another essential oils that similarly possesses excellent aroma. The oil is widely used for aromatherapy and tackling of many skin infections.
- Rose Essential Oil – If yours is dry and scaly skin, the rose essential oil is the one to look up to. It contains hydrating properties and is hence useful for restoring the moisture balance.
- Lemon Essential Oil – Lemon is pretty good at killing off bacterial infections that are in turn largely responsible for the dark spots and other skin infections.
- Laser therapy – Laser therapy may also be used to reverse or mitigate this issue altogether. It is ordinarily quite expensive though.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that tackles many skin issues that are ultimately responsible for the dark spots and other issues that be.
- Hydroquinone – This is a renowned treatment for dark spots. It does elimination by reducing the production of melanin in the body and hence gives rise to lighter skins. Before using it must take advice from a Dermatologist or a registered physician.
Tea Tree Oil For Skin Pigmentation
One of the best ways to reverse the dark spots is the use of the tea tree oil for hyperpigmentation. When used in this sense, it basically balances the hue on the skin to make the tone as even as can be. Moreover, it improves the appearance of the skin.
Then comes the tea tree oil for melasma. It is mainly used to tackle the brown to the grey-brown patches that appear on the skin. This is due to its possession of the excellent anti-oxidant properties that enable it to reverse the said issues. The only precondition to be met is constant and regular application thereof.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q1. Can anyone use tea tree oil for dark spots?
YES! Anyone can use it as it does not pose any adverse health or skin issues. You might want to slow down use though if yours is a sensitive skin or have some brokenness.
Q2. Can you leave tea tree oil on your face overnight?
YES, you can! As a matter of fact, this is the most recommended approach as it sees to it that the ingredients skin deeper and give rise to more enduring outcomes or impacts.
Q3. Does tea tree oil absorb into skin?
YES! In fact, this is the only way it works and brings forth the necessary outcomes. You have to apply moderate amounts though to be able to ward off the risks of toxicity.
Q4. Can I mix tea tree oil with my moisturizer?
YES, you can! Aloe Vera is by far the most significant moisturizer you might want to leverage for this role altogether. It not only mixes well with the tea tree oil for dark spots but also does a great job of replenishing the lost moisture balance or contents.
Q5. Do dark spots go away?
YES, they do! This does not happen overnight though as it takes quite some time to be able to yield the necessary outcomes. Eventually, though, they will go away completely with regular application of the tea tree oil for dark spots.
Q6. Who gets rid of dark spots?
Those who have skin issues, dermatologists and those would wish to improve their appearances will get rid of the dark spots.
Our look into the tea tree oil for dark spots comes to an end there. We now ask you to make good use of the insight we have generously provided. What else can that mean save for you putting in plans to acquire and subsequently make use of the oil yourself?