Dry hair in winter is a common phenomenon. Winter is the coldest season among all seasons. It starts after autumn and continues before spring. In this season,
earth goes away from sun and we have to take extra preparation. We need to buy warm dresses to save us from cold. Moreover, we have to take care of our skin as it may becomes dry, scaly, flaky. But often we forget to take of our hair and scalp. In this season, hair becomes dry, brittle and dandruffs has been seen. So extra care and a good hair care routine is needed to combat dry hair in winter. The following tips will help you to take care of dry hair in winter.
Better blood circulation of hair ensures proper nutrients in hair follicles. And it boosts growth of hair.
Dandruff is another result of dry weather and dry hair. When you use hot oil, it induces sebaceous gland of the scalp to produce more natural oil. This oil will prevent dandruff and remove dead skin cells.
It is needed for all types of ladies hair whatever the hair is straight, curly or kinky. The difference is curly, kinky hair needs more hot oil than straight hair as because straight hair allows oil to distribute finley from the scalp. You can use any oil among Almond , coconut, olive and jojoba oil. However, You have to know proper technique to make hot oil and apply method. Here you will find the answer.
a regular work for hair especially to get rid off split ends. For healthy hair, it is necessary to trim hair in every after 6-8 weeks. Split ends means damaged hair also called cuticle is weak and break hair. It makes middle strand of hair unprotected and eventually move it up if it is not beet cut timely. In winter season, due to humid weather and cool air hair becomes dry, brittle and split ends are seen. However, in this case trimming will help you as medicine in dry hair in winter. Cutting hair regularly keeps hair fresh and also boosts hair growth. Hair length will be increased due to reduction of breakage hair.
See Also: Top 10 Tips on How to Stop Hair Thinning.
In order to haircut you always go to a hairdresser. But can also do it your house with many simple ways. Here I am giving one way which is very simple of cutting split ends. You need only two things one is hair comb another is hair trimming scissors.
shower or damp hair by using water spray.
*Then use hair comb to bring out knots and tangles of hair.
*Pick approximately one inch of hair by your index and middle finger.
*Hold hair perpendicularly and trim by using hair trimming scissor.
Usually deep conditioner is mostly used in this season in favor of dry hair in winter. However, conditioner prevents scalp from dryness in winter and also controls and repairs hair damage.
container and apply this thick coating to each strand of hair. Confirm this coating goes to end of hair.
* You have to wait for sometimes and it may be 20-30 minutes also. It helps to set down your hair and use shower cap for additional help.
* At final stage, removing shower cap wash your hair for at least 3-4 minutes. Ensure there is no slimy feeling of conditioner and then you can dry and style hair.
How to fix dry hair in winter problem
1. Hot Oil Massage:Oil is good for hair, we all know it very well. It makes our hair to look healthy, shiny and feel the pleasant texture. In winter, to avoid flaky, dry hair and to get well blood circulation on scalp, hot oil is necessary.
How to make and apply hot oil for massage:To make hot oil you have to take coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil. You also need a saucepan, a small bowl, and a warm towel. Before using you must wash your hair. First of all, Take a saucepan filled with 1 cup or 250 ml water. Then, add 2 tbsp coconut oil (30 ml) into a small bowl and place in the middle of the saucepan. Place the saucepan in the stove for heating a few minutes. In the meantime you have to add 1 tbsp. (15 ml) Olive oil for dry, scaly, dandruff hair, and 1 tbsp. (15 ml) of jojoba oil for fungal problem. When all oils become warm then apply in your wet hair from scalp to end using your fingertip. At the end, wrap a warm towel in your head for twenty minutes to dry hair quickly.
2. Hair Trimming:Hair trimming is
In-house hair trimming technique:*First of all, you need to damp your hair. Do this trimming just after
3. Use a Good Quality Conditioner:Hair conditioner is necessary for conditioning and styling your hair. We usually use it after shampooing as because using shampoo can causes hair dry, frizzy and damaged. Moreover, pollution, heat, sweat strip out nutrients from hair and leave it lifeless, dull, limp. In order to get rid of it, you have to use a good conditioner whatever it is traditional, leave-in or deep.
How to use hair conditioner:* Choose a conditioner which is best suits with you considering your budget. *Before using it, you require wet hair. That’s why wash your hair with shampoo and try to remove water as much as your can. *Take a small amount of conditioner from
Do’s and Don’ts:
Though we think it is very easy to use hair conditioner just like applying, leaving for a few minutes and rinsing. But it is a difficult task. Some do’s and don’ts you must have to consider:
- Select a conditioner that match with your hair type.
- Don’t apply conditioner on the root or scalp. Try to keep 1 inch gap from root but you can use till end of hair.
- After using conditioner wash hair thoroughly to ensure no bubbles or conditioner residues are present.
- Don’t finish washing hair within 2 minutes of but for 5-6 minutes.