Coconut oil for dark circles is a hot issue nowadays as many people is confused about it. They think really coconut oil works against dark circles? However, it is true that coconut oil is used for dark circles. We will later discuss it broadly. Firstly, we will know the basics of coconut oil.
Coconut oil is popularly known as edible oil and used for cooking. It is not only used for cooking but also as essential oils. It is natural oil. No artificial additives are found in it. It keeps skin moist and smooth. Coconut oil is extracted from the kernel of Cocos nucifera. Mostly, it is found in coconut flesh. It protects skin from the dangerous effects of the sun. It is also a source of energy.
Coconut oil is also known as a super food. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and antioxidant activity. This oil is frequently found in the Caribbean region, south east Asia region and North America region. Moreover, it is composed of three components: saturated fat, lauric acid and vitamin-E. Saturated fat contains 85% of medium chain fatty acids. Lauric acid provides disinfectant activity. Vitamin E has skin growing effect.
Though it is saturated fat, but it does not store as fat in the body. It digests easily.
How does it work: Coconut oil for dark circles
Another name of Coconut oil is magical oil. It doesn’t contain any additives or preservatives. That’s why, this oil is safe. We see many cosmetics and creams in the market. These products show temporary benefit, but contains lots of side effects. It has moisturizing and skin softening effects on the skin, so it is used to treat dark circles.
Dark circle is an unpleasant appearance of skin under the eyes. It occurs due to leaking of blood from capillaries when vessel looks visible. Coconut oil is suitable for sensitive skin also. That’s why, it is used as coconut oil for dark circles.
[Also Read: Dark Circles Under Eyes Causes]
Unique features of Coconut oil
- Coconut oil provides medium chain fatty acid and this acid effectively penetrate into the skin and exerts nourishing activity to the skin.
- In maximum cases, dark circle occurs due to dry skin. Coconut oil has moisturizing effects. It retains moisture. It helps delicate skin under eyes to be softened and diminishes dark circles.
- Coconut oil contains Lauric acid, which has ability to kill microorganisms. Bacteria or fungus can stay in the skin and create dark circles.
- Coconut oils also contain Lactic acid, which lightens skin such as lemon juice.
- Vitamin E is found in Coconut oil and we know that coconut oil is a great antioxidant. It helps skin from free radicals and sun damage.
How to use Coconut oil for dark circles under eyes?
To get benefit within a week, you must try coconut oil. Its use is very simple.
1 – General guideline (Direct coconut oils using):
- Firstly, clean your skin affected area with soap.
- Then apply virgin coconut oil in a dark circle area messaging with circular motion.
- Then keep it for the whole night.
- In the morning, wash it with a cool cleanser.
- Repeat this using guideline for 2-3 times daily for a few months and see the results.
Benefit: It has remarkable skin moisturizing activity.
2 – Coconut oil with Turmeric Paste:
- Take one inch of Turmeric paste and a few drops of coconut oils
- Mix them properly
- Apply on the affected area under the eye
- Keep it for 15 minutes
- Wipe out with a cotton ball
Benefit: It keeps blood flow smooth and moisturizes skin.
3 – Coconut oil with Almond oil:
- Take equal parts of Coconut oil and Almond oil in bowl.
- Mix it properly
- Apply in the eye area
- Leave it for 4-5 hours or whole night
- Wash it with normal water
Benefit: Almond oil contains Vitamin E which keeps skin free from free radical damage.
4 – Coconut oil with essential oil:
- Take a little amount of coconut oil and essential oil such as Grape seed oil, Sandalwood oil in a bowl
- Mix them properly
- Apply in the dark circle area
- Leave it for 5 minutes until it absorbs
- Use it till dark circles is disappeared
Benefit: Essential oils ensure best soothing and nourishing effect on the skin..
Precautions to be taken:
- Protect eyes for entering any kinds of oils.
- Always use virgin coconut oil
- For long term use consults with doctors
Coconut oil for dark circles offers a pure and natural remedies option. It has no side effects but it is suited to all types of skin, even with sensitive skin. No need of artificial and fabricated products found in market with lucrative advertisements. To keep free from dark circles coconut oil will be the right choice.