Anti aging supplements are products that contain important compounds to help in the fight against the aging process. These compounds are effective at combating those signs and symptoms most commonly associated with aging. It is not ‘getting old’ that worries people as much as the idea of having to face issues such as ‘wrinkles’ sagging skin’, ‘age spots’ and other age related problems.
It is important to note that aging is inevitable; there is no magic solution to prevent it. However, what you can do is to postpone its effects and look young for a longer period of time. The second most important thing that you need to understand is, how you age and try to reverse its effects, though it’s not as simple as it may seem. Your biological processes can be your best friends, but at the same time they are your enemies as well, because they also damage your body in due course of time
How do anti aging supplements work?
Anti-aging supplements work in the following ways:
1. Most good quality supplements also help to prevent a number of diseases. For example, calcium supplements make your teeth and bones stronger making them less likely to get damaged as you age. Calcium helps you fight tooth decay and arthritis to a great extent. Vitamin A supplements should help to retain good eyesight. With various disorders such as CHD (coronary heart disease), it is not always possible to get rid of them altogether after developing them. An Anti aging supplement, if taken in right doses, can actually help you prevent developing a number of fatal diseases.
2. They help us age gracefully. As an example, some boost levels of DHEA and melatonin, which are produced naturally when we are younger. As we age, our bodies produce less and less, this, according to some reports, can increase the chances of a number of age-related health problems.
3. There is no way that anyone can escape from the production of free radicals. By using the anti-aging supplements such as antioxidants the free radicals do not have a drastic affect. The affect of free radicals gets minimized with the use of age reducing supplements.
4. These supplements, mainly contain vitamins and enzymes that help repair the damaged cells. Therefore help slowing down the aging process and make you feel young and rejuvenated.
5. Anti-aging supplements also help to reverse the aging process by increasing your fitness level. For example Resveratrol, the natural antibiotic, increases your metabolic rate and a regular intake will help you burn more calories than before. Your endurance level also increases, which will help you work out for a longer period without getting tired. In many cases, supplements repair the damages in mitochondria and help to make the cells function more efficiently than before.
Best anti aging supplements
As we age, our ability to combat the free radicals damaging our skin diminishes, making supplementation an important component of a comprehensive anti-aging regimen. There are a variety of anti aging supplements on the market. Here are some of the best:
Alpha Lipoic Acid:
The Universal Antioxidant Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) is a unique antioxidant because it is both water and fat soluble. The cells of our body are a mix of compounds that like water and hate fat, or that like fat, but hate water. Other antioxidants are only able to act on either the water or fat cell components, but ALA interacts with both, making it a powerful and universal anti aging supplement.
ALA supercharges cells with energy making them more efficient at cleaning out toxins and eliminating free radicals. In addition, it has anti-inflammatory properties and inflammation is a contributor to sagging and wrinkling skin as we age. On top of that, it makes other antioxidants such as C and E more efficient and prevents sugar from all the carbs we eat from attaching to the collagen in our skin, which causes skin to sag. Take 50 to 100 milligrams a day for best results.
Wrinkle Reducer Vitamin C is one of the best anti aging supplements. Vitamin C is a water soluble antioxidant. It is anti-inflammatory and a collagen builder. Collagen is what gives our skin a supple, youthful appearance and production diminishes as we age. Vitamin C as a supplement and as an ingredient in top quality wrinkle creams protects the skin from the effects of aging. In 2007 the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition published a study that showed women with higher intakes of vitamin C had fewer wrinkles. A supplement of 300-500 milligrams per day is an effective dose to ward off wrinkles and improve collagen production.
Wrinkle Prevention Vitamin E is a fat soluble antioxidant that picks up where vitamin C leaves off and encourages collagen production. Vitamin E is the primary antioxidant found in skin and decreased levels are associated with wrinkles. E also protects against photo damage. It is difficult to get enough vitamin E from food, making supplementation a good idea. The suggested dose is 400 milligrams of the d-alpha-tocopherol form.
Potent Antioxidant Joining our list of top age fighting supplements is CQ10. CQ10 is an antioxidant that is usually taken to prevent heart disease. However, it also benefits the skin by increasing cell energy production, which, in turn, makes cells more efficient and eliminates free radicals. Supplement daily with 30-200 milligrams.
Antioxidant Synergy Zinc is a mineral utilized in more enzymatic reactions in the body than any other nutrient. It is vital to healthy hair, skin and works synergistically with vitamins C and E. In addition, it helps prevent acne and is a powerful immune system booster so not only will your skin look great, you’ll be less likely to become ill as well.
This substance has been the subject of some of the most amazing anti-aging research. It is looked at as the crucial worthy molecule in red wine and is considered a prominent part of the healthy Mediterranean diet. Resveratrol’s abilities have been revealed to enforce the health of a wide range of body tissues, organs and systems, including the cardiovascular and nervous systems.
Omega- 3 Fatty Acids:
The Omega-3 oils comprise billions of cell membranes in our body and given that they cannot be produced by the body, their health benefits are only presented by eating a diet rich in fish, or with an Omega-3 supplement. Research has shown that diets loaded with Omega-3 fats are related with exceptional heart, brain and circulatory health. Sadly, the typical American diet supplies little of the Omega-3’s essential or suggested for good health which makes it a prime anti-aging supplement to use.
Grape Seed Extract:
Grape seed extract is another robust anti-aging supplement. It strengthens and supports living tissue and aids in circulation. It is a super antioxidant, 20-50 times more potent than vitamin C, E and beta-carotene. As we age, our bodies make less antioxidants to fight the aging process.
In the light of the above, by using anti-aging products one will not be able to halt or reverse the effects of aging, but will be able to slow it down and age gracefully. Besides aiding one in living a longer and more vital life, we have also seen that anti-aging supplements will help one find the energy, vitality, vigor and libido you had when you were younger, and also help you regain the youthful feelings and appearance you once had. Since these anti-aging supplements come in many forms, and serve many different purposes. It is equally important that one ask themselves what exactly they are looking for and what issues they would like addressed, and then go from there.